Benefits of Surya Namaskar
Every step of Surya Namaskar has its own benefit,
- It promotes balance and digestion, strengthens the arms and the shoulder muscles, tones the spine, promotes flexibility in back and hips also.
- It helps in blood circulation, tones abdominal tracts, stretches back and leg muscles, stimulates spinal nerves, and stimulates lymphatic system.
- It give strength to leg and arm muscles, increases the flexibility in neck and shoulders areas,
- Stretches arms, shoulder, neck and back muscles, exercises back muscles, releases tension in neck and shoulder.
- It also benefits the Endocrine system and enables the various endocrinal glands to function properly. These include the thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary glands as well as the adrenal gland, testes and ovaries.
- It is an excellent way to manage stress and depression. You will spend tremendous amount of energy as you move through the two sets of poses