1. What airlines fly directly to Goa?
You can fly directly from Europe, UK and USA with Qatar Airways. http://qatarairways.com
Dabolim Airport is Goa’s international and only airport.
2. Do I need a visa?
Yes, most passport holders need a visa for India. A Tourist Visa is sufficient for practice with us. Student Visa is NOT REQUIRED for Yoga in India. You can generally get a six month tourist visa which you must organise before traveling. Consult your local Indian embassey. Most embassies have an online application form you can download off the internet.
3. What is the duration of the Yoga Teacher Training Courses?
The Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) runs for 4 weeks (200 hrs) ———————————————————————————————————————————————-
4. Is the Course taught in English?
5. Will there be a written and practical exam at the end of the course?
Yes. You will have to meet an assessment criteria to pass the YTTC. You will be assessed on each of the modules. Assessments are both written and practical. Our teachers will give you details of what is expected during the first week. You will have plenty of guidance and support throughout the course.
6. What is the maximun number of students on the YTTC?
We take a maximum of 15 students on a 200hr YTTC
7. Will a course manual be provided?
Yes. All course materials are provided. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–
8. I am a beginner, can I join the YTTC course?
Yoga Village® welcomes all levels to join the course.
9. Will I have an opportunity to teach on the YTTC?
On the 200 hr YTTC, you will teach your own yoga drop in class to your peers as part of your final assessment and you will gain teaching experience from not just teaching your peers but by developing skills in teaching students with a range of abilities.
10. What if I don’t want to become a yoga teacher after completing the YTTC?
There are always some students who take the YTTC without wanting to become a yoga teacher.
The programme will cater to the needs of those who are interested in
1. Learning about yoga,
2. Becoming a yoga teacher,
3. Deepening their self practice,
4. Elevating their knowledge in yoga philosophies or
5. Embracing/integrating a yogic element into their lifestyle.
Whatever your path may be, your month experience with us will be a stepping stone for inner growth, if not life changing!
11. What If I a miss few classes?
To qualify for the YTTC, trainees must attend the required number of hours (200) If you have to miss a class due to unavoidable reasons, we will do our best to make sure that these hours are made up. There are always yoga classes scheduled at the weekend should need to make up any hours of practice.———————————————————————————————————————————————–
12. Do I have to stay at The Yoga Village to do a YTTC/Intensive Yoga Course?
No. While the majority of our students opt for a residential package, it is also possible to do a course and live nearby. There is a range of accommodations close by.
13. How do I register my place on the course?
Please fill out the online application form or write us via contact page. Once your application is approved, we will send you payment details to secure your place.
14. What type of yoga will we be learning on the YTTC/Intensive Yoga Course?
Mainly we are teaching Hatha and Vinyasa Style Yoga that varies from teacher to teacher what style he/she might mix in.
15. Is it possible to stay and work as a teacher at Yoga Village after the YTTC?
We do not employ teachers to work with us. Visa requirements do not permit this. However, we offer Volunteer jobs that allows you to develop with us as a yoga teacher and helper by assisting in the Centre.
16. Do I need to take Malaria tablets?
We are not qualified to advise about Malaria tablets. The best thing to do is visit your local doctor or travel clinic for advice on Malaria and other vaccinations you may need. Majority of our guests do not take them.
17. What is your refund policy?
if you have paid a deposit or full course cost and for some reason are unable to attend, we will be happy to transfer the amount to another course. This will be subject to availability. For further detail read our payment&refund policy
18. When do I need to pay the balance?
You will have to pay your balance 1 month before the course begin. You can pay by western union, credit card, Paypal or an online bank transfer.